ASCR is not requiring face masks, face shields, or face coverings. They are optional.
PRODUCTION 4-½ FLEXI CLASS ASCR Technical Rules apply.
Races may toggle between the Hill and Oval tracks. Up to the racers in each event.
A. Chassis Stamped Steel and Precision cut Chassis sidewinder Regulations.
1. Must be a commercially available, stamped and formed chassis, or precision cut chassis with a 4 ½ wheelbase and be approved for competition. If it is on our wall or we can order it thru one of our distributors in quantities making it available for all racers. No home built chassis. Bracing allowed on motor box and commercially available tongue reinforcement are allowed.
2. If using extenders, must use original manufacturer's extenders on the chassis they were designed for. May solder extender to the chassis. May remove material from the front wings for extender/front or for wheel clearance only.
B. Motors approved. JK Hawk 7 or JK Retro Hawk motors only. Motors must be mounted where motor identification is on top and clearly legible.
C. Bodies for current series. See Stock Car Body Specifications for 4 ½ Stock cars below.
D. Gears Any gear ratio allowed. 48 or 64 pitch.
E. Axles & Tires
1. General Technical Rules Wheels, Tires & Axles section.
2. Minimum front and rear axle diameter is 3/32 inch. Commercially manafactured steel axles only. No hollow or other light weight axles allowed. Drill blank axles are allowed. No offsetting body, wheels or chassis. Traditional oil-lites only, no adjust-a-bushings or bearing.
3. Tires front and rear must be composed of a black foam only. No dyed tires are permitted. May add nail polish to front tires only.
4. Front tire minimum diameter is .675 inch (17.15mm). Minimum front tire width 0.400 inch (10.16mm). No minimum tire size as long as .047 tech tool clears under rear of chassis and gear. Maximum rear tire width is .815 inch (20.7mm).
5. Independent rotating front wheels are allowed.
6. Solid, one piece front axles only; no stubbies. Axle must pass through both front uprights. Front axles may be soldered to uprights, but front wheels must rotate. Axle hole in front uprights may be enlarged to allow .675 inch front tires to touch track but 4 ½ inch wheelbase must be maintained.
F. Clearances and tech: An 0.047 Tech tool must pass under the rear portion of the center pan without touching and the gear must clear a 0.047 tech tool. Chassis can be no wider than 3.25” and tires must measure no wider than 3.25”. No weight restrictions. Chassis and gear mus clear 0.032 at the end of the race.
G Width: Neither the pan, tires, nor the chassis can be wider than 3.25” at any point.
STOCK CAR BODY SPECIFICATIONS
4.5” Stock car Bodies for series. Same rules for modern, early 2000’s, and old style stock car bodies.
1. Bodies must be 1/24 scale, commercially available, and there are no air control devices allowed. No alterations or additions to the manufacturer's dimensions are permitted. Body must cover entire chassis when viewed from above.
2. Racers may reinforce body with tape or Lexan.
3. Bodies must be fully painted, opaque, no part of the chassis visible or in shadow with available light, and all window areas must be left clear.
4. Body must have an interior either three color flat paper or plastic full 3 dimensional stock car interior. Parma 809, Champion, or other similar properly painted, and installed in the correct position, and completely covering interior. Chassis or track must not be visible when viewed from any window.
5. Front wheel wells must be cut out. No cutting into the top of the fenders or body.
6. Must have three decal or painted numbers placed on the body, one on each door and one on the roof.
Bodies should be painted to resemble real stock cars. A single sponsor on the hood is suggested.
7. Bodies may be pinned or clipped to the chassis. There will be no wedging of bodies. Utilize the body manufacturer cut lines when provided. Reinforcement tape to secure bodies to chassis is recommended.
8. Tech director reserves the right to allow or disallow any cars or bodies at his/her discretion. The tech director's decision is final.
9. Only Stock car body styles of the determined era will be permitted. Bodies must have front and rear bumpers. The same rules will also apply if these are changes in bodies for a new series.
10. Front Bumper: Minimum ¼ inch (5.65mm) measured from the top of bumper down. Rear bumper: Minimum ¼ inch (5.65mm) measured from the top of bumper down.
11. Rear Spoiler Height; Minimum height 1 ½ inches (38.5mm) and maximum of 1 ¾ inches (52mm) measuring from tech block. No added extentions.
12. No slots or holes may be cut in the rear of the car for additional airflow. Rear valence must remain intact.
IF IT IS NOT MENTIONED, IT IS NOT LEGAL!